Welcome to the bloody world of the Vampire....
The new series "True Blood" just started tonight on Channel 4. I must admit I think I've caught the vampire bug. I loved it, although this was the first Vampire story that has really intrigued me...."Twilight" is also a massive deal at the moment but I must say I don't see the attraction. I did read the first and second books and am half way through the third but this was mainly because I was stranded on holiday surrounded by French magazines and therefore nothing else to read. I think I was expecting so much more because everyone had hyped it up so much. Everyone seems to get a little obsessed with Edward Cullen, but not me! I spent most of the books waiting for something to actually happen other than Bella and Edward's ridiculously over exaggerated young love; and when something did happen I was like "Oh, is that it?". I did however also see the movie, which was even worse than the books and didn't really do them justice (if they deserved any). What's the big fuss about?
AND now there is a film out "The Vampire's Assistant" which just looks awful. Everyone's jumping on the Vampire band wagon and it's going to get old real quick!
Even the fashion industry's getting in on the action which in some cases is really working but others it is just cringe worthy. Who would actually wear a t shirt with the slogan "Kiss of the Vampire"......
Oh wait Taylor Momsen would!
No comments:
Post a Comment